Monday, February 28, 2011

Did You Say You Loved Jesus?

       When you ask a person if they know the Lord, you usually get one of two answers ,"I don't want to talk about that stuff" or "yes". Most  of the time the yes is just in hopes that  you will leave them alone and not ask any thing else about the subject.
     Those who answer "Yes,I'm a Christian", and truly mean it are saying "I love Jesus."
Well, if you love Jesus, are you living the kind of life He expects you to live?
Peter  was asked that very same  question in the book of John.   Peter wasn't asked just one time but three times and he was asked by Jesus himself. Let's look at that scripture.
     John 21:15"So when they had dined, Jesus saith  to Simon Peter. Simon son of Jonas, lovest thou me more than these? He saith unto him, Yea Lord; Thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my Lambs."
   Vs 16   "He saith to him again the second time. Simon son of Jonas lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea Lord ,thou knowest I love thee, He saith unto him, Feed my sheep."
   Vs 17  "He saith unto him the third time. Simon son of Jonas, lovest thou me?  Peter was grevied because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord thou knowest all things, Thou knowest that  I love thee.  Jesus saith unto him feed my sheep."
     Now this was a very important time in Peters life. Just a short time before  he had told Jesus in John 13:37 "I will lay down my life for thy sake.  Then later Peter  denied knowing who Jesus was even to the point that he denies being a disciplel of Jesus.  Now Jesus was feeding him and others on the sea shore and Jesus was asking him if he loved him .Peter could feel the compassion of Christ drawing him and Peter said "yes Lord you know I love you." Peter took that moment to recommit to the Lord .
     Many people toda like Peter make mistakes and fall short of what God expects of them. When that happens we must sak the Lord to forgive us and say "yes Lord I do love you" and then show him .
   Jesus told Peter to "feed his sheep' . Now Peter was to be not only a fisher of men but  also he was to be a shepherd .
  Jesus knew Peter's heart and He knows ours. He had a job for Peter to do and he has a job for us to do as well.
  Jesus showed Peter that He knew Peter was ready to be used for His Glory and His work. Inspite of Peters faults and failures the Lord used him and He can use you as well.
  So I ask you today, Do you love Jesus? I  hope and pray your answer is "Yes, I love the Lord!"
        
       till next time    GOD BLESS YOU      Wayne

No comments:

Post a Comment