Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Excuses

         Romans 1:20 "For the invisible things of Him [God]
from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead , so that they are without excuse."
     
   For so many I talk to today it seems that their hearts have been darkened and they have an excuse  for anything you ask, whether it be about salvation or about church.
  When you ask them about going to church they have all kinds of excuses. I just saw an artical where someone had made a humorous list that reflects this very question, Instead of  "why I never go to church ,It's , Why I never wash." I think you will see what I mean.
 [1] I was forced to wash as a child.
 [2} People who wash are hypocrites - They think they are cleaner than others
 [3} There are so many kinds of soap, I could never decide which one was right
{4} I used to wash but it got boring.  
.{5}I wash only on Christmas and Easter.
 {6} None of my friends wash.
  {7} I'll start washing when I'm older.
  {8  I really don"t have time.
  {9}The bathroom isn't warm enough.
 {10} People who make soap are only after your money.
It's pretty easy to see that most excuses are pretty weak for not going to church.
People often use the most ridiculous excuses for not going to church and if you should mention that they need Jesus Christ as Savior they often become uneasy and want to get away as quick as possible.
     We saw in Romans 1:20 where Paul wrote,"They are without excuse."
Don't be caught makeing excuses when it comes to something as serious as your spiritual condition.
Jesus loves you and He died for you, can't you spare one hour a week for Him?
       Till next time         GOD BLESS YOU!          wayne
 

No comments:

Post a Comment